As part of our ongoing commitment to support the European startup ecosystem, we at Uniborn have compiled an extensive database of over 400 angel investors from Nordic countries — Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden, and Iceland.
This resource aims to facilitate connections and collaboration between startups and investors, streamlining the process of fundraising and co-investing in the region. So let us show you what we have put together and wait to be amazed!
Our Nordic Angel Investor Database offers a range of valuable information to help you identify suitable investors and make informed decisions:
- 📝 Detailed Profiles: some key details about each angel investor, such as their industry focus, core competencies, and notable investments.
- 🌐 Social Media Links: LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook — this is your chance to make use of it. You can chat with them, follow their activities, and learn about industry trends and investment opportunities.
- 📧 Email Contacts: While our research did not yield email addresses for every investor, the database contains many contacts. This information brings direct communication, allowing you to get in touch, share your pitch, or explore co-investment opportunities.
At Uniborn, our mission is to provide valuable resources and insights to founders and angel investors to foster growth and success within the Nordic startup community. We encourage you to explore the Nordic Angel Investor Database, forge meaningful connections, and uncover new investment opportunities.
The region is known for producing successful startups and tech giants, so it has become a hotbed for creative ideas and cutting-edge solutions. What makes Nordic startup ecosystem so awesome:
- Strong Innovation Culture: Nordic countries are recognized for their strong focus on innovation and technology. Their governments actively support research and development, creating an environment that favors entrepreneurship. The region boasts a high concentration of tech-savvy individuals and a skilled workforce, which fuels the startup ecosystem.
- High Quality of Life: Year after year, the Nordic region consistently ranks high in global quality of life and happiness indexes. Thanks to excellent healthcare, education, and social welfare systems, the region attracts talent from around the world, contributing to a diverse and dynamic startup landscape.
- Notable Success Stories: The Nordic countries have produced numerous successful startups and tech giants that have made an impact on the global stage. We bet you are an active user of at least one of these companies (if not more): Spotify (Sweden), Skype (Sweden), Supercell (Finland), Just Eat (Denmark), and Kahoot! (Norway).
- Active Investment Scene: The Nordic startup ecosystem benefits from a healthy investment landscape of increasing venture capital firms, angel investors, and government funding initiatives. This financial support helps startups to scale and expand internationally.
- Vibrant Startup Hubs: Major cities in the Nordic region, such as Stockholm, Copenhagen, Helsinki, and Oslo, have become vibrant hubs for startups. These cities offer well-developed infrastructure, access to resources, and a supportive environment for entrepreneurs to grow their businesses.
- Focus on Sustainability: The Nordic countries are known for their commitment to sustainability and environmental consciousness. Many startups in the region focus on cleantech, renewable energy, and other sustainable solutions, reflecting the region’s moral compass.
- Networking and Collaboration: The Nordic startup ecosystem fosters a spirit of collaboration and networking, with numerous events, conferences, and meetups organized for entrepreneurs and investors to connect and share ideas. Organizations like Slush in Finland and TechBBQ in Denmark are prime examples of platforms that bring together the region's startup community.
The Nordic startup ecosystem offers a unique combination of innovation, talent, investment, and support, making it an attractive destination for entrepreneurs and investors, to say the least.
P.S.: There are never-ending debates about whether Estonia should be considered part of the Nordics or not. As an Estonian startup, we are highly biased towards this and would generally argue that Estonia is an ecosystem in itself. :) However, for this particular exercise, we decided to include Estonia in our Baltic Angel Investor Database. This will be revealed soon, so stay tuned!